Note: If you have already provided any of the following information then you do not need to send us again.
- Full name, cell phone number, Email addresses, occupation and business address of all parties on the title.
- Spousal Status: E.g married or single or separated or divorced. If Married then the name of the spouse with copies of spouse I.D.s, if separated we need a copy of the Separation Agreement, and If divorced, then we need a copy of the Divorce Certificate and Divorce Order.
- Residence Status: E.g. Canadian citizen or permanent resident or student or visitor
- Please advise if all parties to the agreement will be physically present in Canada until the date of closing.
- Please advise if the property is used, in whole or in part, for commercial use.
- Please advise if any part of the property is tenanted.
- Forwarding mail address.
- Additional Notes for Lawyer.
- All parties: two valid I.D.s, front and back scan copy (E.G. Driver’s License and Passport, NOT HEALTH CARD!).
- Agreement of Sale & Purchase
- Mortgage statement. Please ensure all relevant details are legible.
- (If Applicable) Articles of Incorporation, names of the Directors and their I.D.s.
- Copy of Void Cheque.
- Most recent property tax bill.
Send Us A Message or Documents
OUR FEES STRUCTURE
Our Real Estate Lawyer Fee for selling a property is $900 + tax.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN LEGAL FEES
- One Mortgage Payout or Anyone payout;
- Bank Charges, including two certifications of cheques;
- Deposit into client’s account by way of the certified cheque;
- Printing, Courier Charges;
- Phone & Fax charges.
- Software Charges;
- File Opening Charges;
- One Appointment/ Mobile Signing;
- After Office Hours Appointment;
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN LEGAL FEES
- Law Society Levy $65;
- Per additional Payout $63 + Tax if required;
WHEN TO PAY US
- We collect our legal fees from your sale proceeds.
- Payout statement. Provide copies of all payouts with complete details to the lawyer without delay.
- Proof of Payment. Provide proof of last payments made for property tax, condo fees & utilities etc.
- Proof of Residency. We require at least one Ids to prove Canadian residence, e.g. Passport or P.R card.
- Realtor Commission Invoice. Please provide our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your realtor for the commission invoice.
- Travel plans. Inform our office of any travel plans or inability to meet us within a week of the closing date.
- Disconnect utilities. Contact all utility authorities (e.g., water, hydro and gas) for disconnection.
- Pre-authorized payments. Cancel all pre-authorized payments, especially property tax & condo fees.
- Fire insurance. Cancel fire Insurance. We recommend that you do not cancel the insurance until two working days after closing.
- Keys or Lockbox code. Provide one set of keys with the lawyer and remaining at the kitchen counter with detailed notes for the buyer.
NON RESIDDENT SELLER INFORMATION;
- If a non-resident sells a property, your real estate lawyer is expected to hold back up to 50% of the sale proceeds until a clearance certificate is issued from CRA. Please review the following link.
Step by Step Process
STEP 1: Upload the information online or Scan and Email the documents requested email@example.com
STEP 2: Allow us time to review your documents and issues on your file. We may not contact you until a week before closing if everything is moving according to the procedure.
STEP 3: Contact all utility authorities to cancel your account two days after your date of closing.
STEP 2: Ensure that all your pre-authorized payments are cancelled—especially property tax and condo fee.
STEP 4: A week before closing, arrange for a spare key or a lockbox code to be provided to our office.
STEP 5: A week before closing, schedule an in-person appointment for signing closing documents. We must verify your Ids and signatures.
STEP 6: Ensure all original IDs are available for your appointment with our office.
STEP 7: On the date of closing by 5:00 P.M., reach out to our office to confirm closing.
STEP 8: Collect your sale proceeds from our office, same day or next working day. We can also deposit sale proceeds directly into your account by way of a certified cheque only. Please note: Some banks have starting holding funds for five working days. Please speak to your account manager to remove the hold.
STEP 9: Receive a final report with copies of all transaction documents for your record.