Invitation Letter For Canada Visitor Visa - All You Need To Know
If you are planning to visit Canada for 6 months or less then you would apply under Temporary Canada Visa category. The Temporary Canada Visa Application requires an explanation as to the purpose of your visit to Canada. If the purpose is visiting family, brother, sister, cousin, friend, tourism or for business, then it is advisable to attach an invitation letter with you visitor visa application. It should be noted that an Invitation letter for Canada does not guarantee that the Visa Officer will issue a visa but it is a factor that considered by the Visa Officer.
The Visa Officer must be satisfied that the applicant meets the legal requirements under the Canadian Immigration
What is an Invitation Letter
A Letter of Invitation is a document signed by someone living in
Canada who is personally known to you such as your friend, brother, sister, cousin,
family member or a business partner. The invitation letter can be in any form such
as a simple letter or a statutory declaration.
It is preferred the letter to be notarized but it is not
mandatory. The person extending the invitation is not legally responsible for the
acts or omissions of the visitor.
However, the person extending the invitation is expected to make
a truthful and genuine invitation with an understanding to fulfill the promises
made in the letter.
What to include in a Letter of Invitation
The person extending the invitation must provide the following information:
- Full Legal Name,
- date of birth,
- Home address with contact phone number in Canada,
- Job Designation in Canada,
- Legal Status in Canada, such as permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen, along with a photocopy of PR Card or Canadian Passport or Citizenship Card or Birth Certificate or Proof of Landing,
- your relationship or connection to the person,
- the purpose of the visit,
- The length of the stay in Canada,
- The location where the visitor will be staying,
- Who will be responsible for their stay,
- When the visitor is planning to leave Canada.
Letter of Invitation for Parents & Grandparents applying for Super visa
In Addition to the Standard Information required for a letter of Invitation, you must provide two
- An undertaking of your financial support for your parents or grandparents for their entire stay in Canada, along with;
- Proof of your income. Please refer to low-income cut-off (LICO) to check if you are eligible.
NOTE: The Additional information and proof of income is only required if you are applying for Super Visa. It is NOT REQUIRED for visitor visa.
Download A Free Sample
We set our goals to help our clients resolve their Immigration needs in the most efficient and effective manner.
We are Client Oriented Law Firm with specific goals to help our clients achieve success with their Immigration Matters.
Our Immigration Lawyer Toronto aim is not only to save costs for our clients but to ensure a successfully immigration case.
We stand by our clients every step of the way.
We Can Help You
Immigrate to Canada
SHAIKH LAW FIRM
Our Immigration Law services
We Will Help You Every Step of The Way
SHAIKH LAW FIRM
We deal with every file Professionally
Lazer Focused Approach to help our Clients
Serious about delivering results for our clients
Other Practice Areas
Our Head Office is located in Mississauga, Ontario. However we serve clients across the Greater Toronto Area & have meeting locations, on appointment basis.