Spousal Sponsorship Canada
Spousal Sponsorship Canada is part of the Family Class Immigration Program. The Key objective of Family Class Immigration in Canada is to unite family members.
Under the Family Class Immigration, a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent resident can sponsor their dependent children, parents, grandparents, spouse or a common-law partner to Canada. This article is primarily focused on How to do Spousal Sponsorship Application in Simple & Easy Steps. All the information is also available on the Government of Canada website but it is scattered over multiple pages whereas in this article we have attempted to summarise the information in easy to understand sections.
Our Law Office will leave no stone unturned to ensure your Spousal Sponsorship Application is approved.
Our Goal is Client Oriented and Client-Focused.
We stand by our clients every step of the way during the spousal sponsorship process.
Are You Eligible to Sponsor?
A person can become a Sponsor if he/she:
- is 18 years old or above Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
- will provide basic needs, such as food, clothing and shelter for sponsored persons;
- has the means and will support sponsored persons financially;
- make sure that sponsored persons do not require or seek social assistance from the government; and
- is not on Social Assistance, unless due to disability
Who Can be Sponsored?
In order for a sponsorship application to be successful, the relationship between the sponsor and the sponsored person must be one of the following:
- spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner; or
- dependent child; or
- Any Child or Children including adopted child; or
- Parents, grandparents and their dependents children; or
- 18 or under brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces and grandchildren who are orphaned; or
- other relative, if the sponsor has no relative listed above and no relatives who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents (limited to one relative only)
Government of Canada Fees
Application Fees for Spouse or Common-Law Partner $1,040
Application Fees per Child $150
Note: Legal Fees does not include Government of Canada Application Fees
Evidence & Factors considered.
- the circumstances and duration of the relationship
- the wedding itself (where it was celebrated, what type of marriage, who attended)
- did the marriage ceremony conform to the beliefs, traditions, and culture
- evidence that spouses have lived together, how long?
- do they have children?
Sponsorship applications must be prepared with care. At SHAIKH LAW FIRM, we take time to prepare a detailed and persuasive application that includes all relevant information & supporting evidence.
How to Apply for Spousal Sponsorship
Our Immigration Law services
We will help you Every Step of the Way
SHAIKH LAW FIRM
We deal with every file Professionally
Lazer Focused Approach to help our Clients
Serious about delivering results for our clients
Why choose us
Our Head Office is located in Mississauga, Ontario. However we serve clients across the Greater Toronto Area & have meeting locations, on appointment basis.